Beach post Katrina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We were very fortunate to be spared the damage of Katrina. My diving will be interrupted until things calm down a bit. I still needed to touch the salt water so I went to Crystal beach and took some pictures.

katclouds.jpg

katsunset.jpg

Thank goodness that part of Florida was spared.

We need to send prayers and help to those that were in the path of Katrina. The Red Cross is a good place to start sending help.

Great pics. Doesnt' look like there was much erosion, water looks like a healthy color of coffee though!

Before Katrina, the sand they were trying to renourish the beaches with was pushed up in a big dune. A lot of that seems to have washed out but I guess it did protect the structures from further damage after Dennis ate up the beach.

Great, but that still looks like a pretty big row of targets.

They have not fixed all the dangling buildings, pools, parking lots, decks, etc. since Dennis. Many are just putting sand under structures until the "season" is over in November. Any direct hit will make a big mess - I'm surprised we didn't see more problems from the little part of Katrina we got.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom