Zeagle BP/W ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigWhiteSquare

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Zeagle BP/W? Or perhaps why they aren't more popular? I've always been impressed with other Zeagle gear, but I never hear anyone discussing the BP/W. I've only seen one once, and that was at my LDS. Any thoughts?

Frank

Hi Frank
Yes I have two Zeagle backplate and wing systems

The first is my Single tank Rig
Zeagle SS plate with the 34lbs All elastic bladder
Standard Harness (I don't like clips)
Shoulder and backpads (I like the soft feeling)
Intergrated weight pouches (hate weight belts)
1" Crotch strap. (keeps the package neat)
This is just the best little single tank rig, I love it to death.
I have well over 400 dives on this kit now and it still looks like new.

The Second one is on my PRISM CCR
Again SS backplate
44lbs wing (need a little more lift for the CCR
Standard harness
Intergrated weight pouches
Padded up as above.
Split saddle harness

Makes an excellent platform for the Rebreather, very comfy and stable

Cheers
Chris

Yes I have plenty of experience with it and it is a very versitile setup. You can use any of the Zeagle bladders with it. I have a big bertha with a BP panel sewn into the bladder (like a regular wing bladder set up) and a Zeagle Manta wing that I use with mine. I do not have any drag issues and have never had any problems with plenty of lift for muti cylinder usage. the BP can be used on any set of cylinders even if the bands are not spaced correctly. The Bp can also be used with a single cyl and can have a integrated weight system attached for use when required. It comes in Al and SS, std harness or deluxe

Hey Sydney in the time I read this post and had written a reply you got right in there. But I see we both agree it is a good rig

Hey GDI
Good one, yep I am very happy indeed with the Zeagle BP&W options.
I also use my single rig on the Jetsam Sport Kiss CCR, the rig is the perfect size for the Sport Kiss.

Cheers
Chris

It is a great rig. The delux webbing..which I need..bad shoulder...has the logo on the webbing...nothing huge...just a personal preference for something more subtle. I wound up getting the Dive Rite. Now I have VENTURE WING plastered on my back....Go figure. :hmmm: :hm:

Ahh the harness does not have any logos on it ? The Shoulder pads do.

Sorry but I don't get your post ?

Cheers
Chris

I think its a great rig. I think Zeagle makes great products. I dont think you can make a bad purchase from Zeagle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom