Insurance for Housing (Help Me Quickly...Please!!!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djkpsu

Contributor
Reaction score
Mitzpe Ramon, Israel/ Eliat on the weekends!!
I am getting ready to get insurance for my new rig, and was just wondering if there is any reason to get flood coverage on the housing and ports?

I don't see a point to have flood coverage on the ports since they and passive parts, but I am not sure about the housing (Ikelite for Nikon D70s w/iTTL). It will cost another $50 to get flood coverage on the housing, and the only reason I can see to get it is to cover the sync cord connection and manual EV controller. But since this equipment is completely new to me, I am not sure if it's necessary.

I would like to get everything wet tomorrow, so some quick responses would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug

I put a rider on all of my SCUBA gear through my homeowners policy. It is pretty inexpensive that way. It includes any damage, loss, or theft. I think the rider is less than $50 per year.

I always get flood coverage for anything that would be ruined in a flood. The housinf would just need to be dried out well but your sync cords and controller would be dead. I don't know what insurance company you're using but with DEPP I can list each part seperately if they are indeed seperate from the housing. In other words if the sync cord and controller were built onto the housing, I'd have to cover the whole package.

As for them being new, that's no guarantee! Floods can happen for all kinds of reasons and it's not a questions of IF something will flood but WHEN. That $50 will be a cheap investment if things have to be replaced.

I also covered all my camera equipment and SCUBA equipment through State Farm. For $5000 coverage I think I pay $60 a year and it covers it for everything, flooded, stolen, damaged, dropped, lost, what ever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom