Mouting Spair Air Pocket by Zeagle on Brigade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pitio

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been diving with Zeagle Brigade for a few dives, and this BC is just great.
Although the SpareAir does not seem to be the favorite diving gear for many divers here, I have it and would like to mount it on my BC using the "Spair Air Pocket" made by Zeagle. I purchased the universal pocket (#8055L) which does not have the zipper on it. I tried to install it on my Brigade, but I could not figure this out where to mount.
I would like the SpareAir to be located on the weight pocket or behind the pocket where it does not bother me.

I called Zeagle and they gave me a number to call. Unfotunately the person was not available, so I though some of you here at this forum might know or have seen some installed examples on Brigade, Ranger, or other Zeagle BCs.

As I searched the threads about SpareAir, someone might say I should not install it at all, but I would just like to know how to mount this pocket.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

You called Zeagle and they gave you another number to call someone else? ...should have talked to Scott, he might have been able to help.
Looks like the only options you will have are the shoulder strap since the strap doesn't look like it is very long. How about the quick release that is over the cumberbun? You might be able to hook it to the bungee around the bladder. Since I don't have mine with me I can't say for sure.

I appriciate your help.
I eventually talked Scott. He was very nice and helpful. also gave me a few suggestions, but we could not come up with a good solution for the Brigade with the Zeagle Spare Air Pocket.
I will try the bungee around the bladder. I hope the bungee is strong enough to hold the SpareAir. It is great that Brigade's bladder is light and flexible, but to attatch some gear may be too much for such light weight bladder.

Probably, I am not creative enough....

I think this may work. I will try this weekend how it holds up.
crpntr133, Thank you so much for the great idea....

brigade.jpg

I don't know that BC first hand, but from the picture seems that bladder and harness are 2 diferent pieces, maybe sewn together but 2 pieces.
Asuming this is right, and if there are no attachement points on the right side of the harness, just put a couple of brass gromets on the harness and attach it to those gromets.

In the past, when I used a Spare Air, I used a similar pocket with mine and was mounted on the right side of my BP in the upside down position as yours, there I could reach it with either hand and deploy it easily.

Make sure you attach some retractable lanyard to the neck of the unit, ALL POKETS GET OPEN WITHOUT NOTICE, my Spare Air was picked up by other divers at the bottom and handed to me after the dive on 3 diferent ocasions before I attached the retractable lanyard, funny thing is I didn't knew I lost it until they handed it back to me at the boat, guess I was lucky I didn't lost it. After the lanyard, it has sliped a couple of times, but I noticed inmediately due to the lanyard.

It was nice to knew that a few extra breaths where ready at the tip of my hands, but I was well aware that it served for a controlled ascent from less than 65fsw without a Safety Stop.
I know this 'cause I tested it many times so in an emergemcy I knew what had to be done, thank God I never had the need to use it in an emegency.

Due to reading the advantages of a pony here on SB, I'm upgrading to a 19cft pony and reg config so the SA no longer dives with me, I plan to keep it sharp and ready for any anchor checking on shallow water or similar task.

Hi Mandy3206,

Thanks for the tip!
You are right, so I just attached the lanyard that came with the SpareAir.
As I read through the threads, I believe I understood the dangerousness involving the SpareAir. I will always dive with my buddy. It is just that Southern California water often goes 5ft vis or less. We sometimes lose our buddies. I hope I will never have to use SpareAir. I do not rely on it 100%. I just wanted to install where it does not bother me. I probably get rid of this when I am more confident with my new computer.

I was using the analog SPG, but recentely I switched to Sunnto Cobra. I know this is a good computer and many divers have had success with it, but I just cannot trust it yet... As a software engineer myself who often produces bugs, all digital is bit too scary. However, the stupid thing is I still like gadgets, so I bought Cobra....

Thanks!

Boogie711:
LOL. OK, sure...

Actually, some of your comments made me think .....................

So It's your fault I'm switching.....

Mandy3206:
Actually, some of your comments made me think .....................

So It's your fault I'm switching.....

Switching away from a pony? Great - glad I could help.

Switching to a pony? LOL - Nice try. Go ahead and post some links where I suggest anything approaching "benefit."

Didn't think so.

"Due to reading the advantages of a pony here on SB, I'm upgrading to a 19cft pony and reg config so the SA no longer dives with me"

Nice move. I am glad you made that decision. I'm not sure what spair air bottles are intended for. But if one is diving none-deep dives that one would not usually use a pony bottle with I guess it can not hurt to have the bottle on standby.

Whish you the best of luck with the setup Pitio.

Back
Top Bottom