northflorida divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone diving on Labor Day? I need somewhere to take my scuba club. We were thinking PC Jetties, but Im not confident in conditions.

There's been a dredging op at the jetties all summer, the viz has been reported to be almost nothing. It has kept several inshore sites such as the Strength mucked up badly.

I was told last night that the water from the beach still looks like mud, but that was out PC Beach, not the jetties.

Depends on the gas situation, its hard to find a station that can pump it, either because of no power, or because of... well... no gas :)

I was gonna head to a quarry near Birmingham with a group of people, but it was being organized by Nuttz(from MS) so I don't know if thats still gonna happen. My backup plan was Morrison, its not looking too terrible, there's surely some clear water under some surface tannic :) We dove it at 9.6' 3 weekends ago, it cleared after 10-15' to 20-25' of visibility. Last weekend it was 30-40' of visibility after descending past 3-4' in the immediate area around the platform and basin.

The river has been rising though, so I dont want to bother plannign on Morrison. I wonder if JAX would be an option.

There's always Cypress, its not gonna rise that much. Predictions now aren't even calling for that much of a rise to affect Morrison to the point of it not being a worthy dive IMO.

I'm looking to dive Monday AM. Morrison was on my list, but Cypress could be an option if I can borrow Gulf-Gulper's canoe. I've got him thinking about going too and his Doc says he can dive less than 50' at first - Cypress might just tempt him to push his doctor's time schedule up a couple days.

jviehe:
I wonder if JAX would be an option.

diving is fine here, but you have to have a boat (or go with a charter)

no shore diving all the way down to Jupiter or so

SeaYoda:
I'm looking to dive Monday AM. Morrison was on my list, but Cypress could be an option if I can borrow Gulf-Gulper's canoe. I've got him thinking about going too and his Doc says he can dive less than 50' at first - Cypress might just tempt him to push his doctor's time schedule up a couple days.

If you can't get a canoe and Gulf Gulper can't go, shoot me a PM or a phone call. If my current plans fall through, I'm up for a spring dive at either site. Canoe won't be necessary if its just us, we'll have a motor :D

Keep me up to date and I'll do the same for you. I'm wanting to get in the water and the Mrs. has nothing on the Honey-do list.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom