Dive sites near Sarasota, FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reay21

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I am heading down to Siesta Key in Sarasota Florida this Saturday for a week. I am planning on diving a few times and was wondering if there are any good dive sites nearby. I have been looking online but have not been able to find any dive sites.
I am looking for pretty much anything. I am a new diver and just being in the water is a blast. But it would be awesome if I could find a nice wreck, reef, ect. to dive.
I will have access to a boat, so getting off shore should not be an issue.
Also, does anyone know how the diving & vis is in this area? I heard that there is a red tide issue, but am not sure?

Thanks for the input!
Brent

Brent,

Give the folks at Ocean Pro a call. They are by far the friendliest and most knowledgeable dive shop people in Sarasota. Romy, the shop owner is well-known in the Recreational Scuba world. Steve, the tecnician is really good and knows his **** as they say.

Try here:

Ocean Pro Dive Shop Inc
(941) 924-3483
2259 Bee Ridge Rd
Sarasota, FL 34239

Scuba Board Staff at your service! :D

Rob

If you are new diver, I'd suggest heading to the Ft Lauderdale area or the Keys. There is some excellent beach diving and even better diving offshore the Sarasota area, but I wouldn't recommend it until you get more experience.

Walter's advice mirrors my own. My Mom lives in Sarasota. The good diving is well offshore although some try the Point of Rocks area for shore diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom