Securing gear and valuables at resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello All,
Just wanted to ask all you PG and Anilao veterans how do you secure your gear/valuables when out diving or out on the town.

I usually leave most of my valuables at home in Cavite and travel light... and once I'm in Anilao I don't really leave the resort. My next trip home I might be dragging my laptop with me (to dowload photos if I bring a digital cam) so I'm a bit worried about that.

Any horror stories? Tips?

as for the resort where i stay, laptops are common and they are safe. if you want you can endorse it with the owner or staff.

i just leave mine on top of the table when we go diving.

there are no unscheduled visitors allowed in the resort. :eek:)

paolo

Ben_ca:
Hello All,
Just wanted to ask all you PG and Anilao veterans how do you secure your gear/valuables when out diving or out on the town.

I usually leave most of my valuables at home in Cavite and travel light... and once I'm in Anilao I don't really leave the resort. My next trip home I might be dragging my laptop with me (to dowload photos if I bring a digital cam) so I'm a bit worried about that.

Any horror stories? Tips?

you can rent a locker or you can just leave it with the staff. i suggest leaving more expensive items like jewellry and watches at home just to be safe

Spoon:
you can rent a locker or you can just leave it with the staff. i suggest leaving more expensive items like jewellry and watches at home just to be safe

I usually don't even wear that stuff, besides my dive watch. It's more the laptop, camera and $600 flashlight (Halcyon Proteus 3) that I worry about. I would like to check out the nightlife one of these days in PG ya know :)

Ben_ca:
Hello All,
Just wanted to ask all you PG and Anilao veterans...

Well, I don't qualify, but I do have a pacsafe I use when I'm traveling.

Basically it's a mesh bag made from aircraft cable (very difficult to cut). You put your stuff in it, and use the cable lock to attach it to something solid in your room (like a water pipe).

It's not foolproof, but I like it.

Ben_ca:
I usually don't even wear that stuff, besides my dive watch. It's more the laptop, camera and $600 flashlight (Halcyon Proteus 3) that I worry about. I would like to check out the nightlife one of these days in PG ya know :)

your gear is safe with the staff. i wouldnt worry about your laptop or your lights.

3dent:
Well, I don't qualify, but I do have a pacsafe I use when I'm traveling.

Basically it's a mesh bag made from aircraft cable (very difficult to cut). You put your stuff in it, and use the cable lock to attach it to something solid in your room (like a water pipe).

It's not foolproof, but I like it.
Pac-safe is some good stuff. I know two people who have used it and a similar product and have been very happy.

Personally, I'd use the locker at the resort, if it has one, to store the light when not there but not carrying it. I'd also leave the laptop at home and bring an extra memory card instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom