Fuel Concerns- South FL & Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trwmodela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am driving to Key Largo on Saturday, September 3rd. We are running low on fuel at the local gas stations here in Fort Myers, FL. My neighbor tells me after talking to his brother that Miami (East Coast) has no problems. Besides the cost of fuel which we all know is high. Does it look like the Upper Key's will have enough fuel for all the vehicles and boaters this holiday weekend? I am thinking about taking some safety cans with extra gas in my truck.

BTW...I am diving with Bluewater Divers in Key Largo on Saturday and Sunday.

Tim

Lots of gas available.
At cruise speed, my boat burn 20/gallons per hour. That used to be maybe $32/hour. Not too bad. Now a simple lobster run out of Boca inlet is $60 minimum.
This summer, we rented a sailboat in the Grenadines for eight days - did a lot of motoring - sometimes HOURS each day and ran the generator at least a couple of hours each day. At the end of the trip, we had burned 9 gallons of diesel. I had to check the tanks three times since I did not believe it.
Gotta love those Yanmar diesels.

Down the Keys people are FREAKING OUT about the gas thing and several stations are out of gas. I did see a couple tankers on their way to Key West this afternoon and expect that although gas prices will be high through the weekend, the resupply is in effect and there will be plenty to go around, especially since everyone has fueled up the car, the boat, every gas can in the garage....

Rachel

key largo has gas($2.86-$2.96 per gallon) as of 1900z 9/02,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, however, key west is reporting shortages,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom