need a buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brand0n

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
From Corner Brook Newfoundland and theres not a whole lot of people into diving i wanna be out diving every day but i just have noone to dive with :( the only chances iv had to dive so fare are during my class OW and my advanced open water im starting sunday, if anyones from around newfoundland within a hours or so drive from corner brook and would like to get out for a swim let me know, anyone have any advice on what i should do if i cant find a buddy? id do solo dive but im not experienced enough

Brand0n:
From Corner Brook Newfoundland and theres not a whole lot of people into diving i wanna be out diving every day but i just have noone to dive with :( the only chances iv had to dive so fare are during my class OW and my advanced open water im starting sunday, if anyones from around newfoundland within a hours or so drive from corner brook and would like to get out for a swim let me know, anyone have any advice on what i should do if i cant find a buddy? id do solo dive but im not experienced enough

Wish I could be of some help; unfortunately, I'm all the way in New Brunswick (yes, the Canadian province, not the city in New Jersey) :wink:

For now, the best advice I can give you is to keep hanging around your local dive shop(s). Eventually, you'll meet the right crowd and I can assure you you'll be doing lots of diving.

Also, you may want to start posting in the Eastern Canada forum. You may want to subscribe to diving listservs specific to Atlantic Canada, such as EC_Divers and NBDivers.

I don't want to discourage you, but it always takes a while before you find a group of buddies that share the same interest in diving than you do. But please, persist. It'll eventually happen.

BTW, PM me if you ever come to the Fredericton area. Not much diving in the Saint John River, but we're just a short drive away from the Bay of Fundy.

Cheers!

-André in Fredericton

Greetings!
So, sadly, I'm in New Brunswick for the time being, but my summer's are spent in Pasadena! So I'm most definitely in for some diving if you're still around come April.

amy68:
Greetings!
So, sadly, I'm in New Brunswick for the time being, but my summer's are spent in Pasadena! So I'm most definitely in for some diving if you're still around come April.
No problem! Just give a howler on the Eastern Canada forum. Being in Sackville, you have the chance to be within easy reach from great shore dives in the Bay of Fundy and great wreck dives in the Halifax area.

If you haven't done it yet, I suggest you join the Moncton Dive Club. They have a fairly active schedule throughout the year and they're a nice bunch to hang out with.

Cheers!

-André in Fredericton

BrandON
Are you home now? My husband and I will be in CB instructing disabled skiing at the begining of March (2006) and maybe we could overload the car and bring the dive gear too. That is if know any winter accessable site to dive.

Sue

ahh no actualy im here in Seattle Washington Tell august 16th im doing Commercial Diving At DIT, But ill be back in august well if im not offshore :) so if your around then msg me.

BrandOn
If your around the East Coast when you get home check out the Dive Shops. Ocean Quest has the pressure seekers club that do the Bell Island wrecks on a regular basis. Dive Newfoundland has a yet to be named club (still very new) that plans a good weekend trip at least once a month. and Trina and Trevor at The Dive Centre know lots of places to dive. Any of them can put you in touch with any number of East Coast buddies. Most of the Offshore is off this shore.

Or just ask them to call Sue. Most of them know myself and my husband

Cheers,
I'll do George St. for you.
Sue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom