Vis Report SouthEast FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has been diving in the South East FL near Pompano and LBTS? Is there a place where we can find this info other then posting on here?

Thanks in advance to anyone that responds:)
:smileysto:

Alright vis 15 feet or so. Lots of lobsters pieces but no whole lobsters...a day late a dollar short :banghead:

Yesterday morning at Deerfield Beach was 10-20'.

Got 1 lobster Friday (saw maybe 4) and 1 yesterday (saw 2). Visibility was pretty good both days off Pompano. Today is not a very nice day in South Florida.

dawetterdabetter:
I was wondering if anyone has been diving in the South East FL near Pompano and LBTS? Is there a place where we can find this info other then posting on here?
This is a good place to post for quick response, except of course when conditions are EXCELLENT and we're all diving!

Boat dives are OK - not great - but shore diving conditions are deteriorating with the mess out in the Atlantic.

Thursday through Saturday were calm with improving visibility but never really great. I think Saturday was 30' or so. I tell you this to make you jealous... six lobster and six good size porkfish (eaten after a 3 hour nap). Nice!

Yesterday (Sunday) the NE wind began to blow a little and things clouded up with late whitecaps. I'm looking at a breeze late this morning (Monday) out of the east, and I don't think it's going to be worth shore diving until late this week (maybe).

MikeJacobs:
Yesterday (Sunday) the NE wind began to blow a little and things clouded up with late whitecaps. I'm looking at a breeze late this morning (Monday) out of the east, and I don't think it's going to be worth shore diving until late this week (maybe).

Just got back from basically non-stop diving all weekend. Conditions Sunday 9am were fairly good Dania(Long swim) 4 lobsters Viz about 20 feet or so.

Pompano Sunday 11am 10' Viz 4 more lobsters waves increasing in size.

Monday back down to Dania bigger waves yet viz 3-5' tops! 45 mins swim out and 45 mins back in...frustrating!

Drove up to Deerfield conditions even worse up there luckly spotted some divers just getting out and they told me they thumbed the dive after just a few mins on the bottom.

Thanks to everyone who gives an update as I dive as much as possible and getting out there and seeing nothing is no fun!

Dive to Live Live to Dive

I'm impressed that you gave it a try yesterday and today. Man, you've got it bad!

MB:
I'm impressed that you gave it a try yesterday and today. Man, you've got it bad!

I hope next weekend is better.

you wouldn't believe how bad.... :hyper:

PS I hope there is rehab for this b/c I am ADDICTED...lol

dawetterdabetter:
Lots of lobsters pieces but no whole lobsters
I don't know about you, but on my visit there I saw plenty of bugs on every beach dive from 9/1-9/3. The most were at Lauderdale by the Sea, just south of the pier. I wish my hotel room had a stove and I had a FL license. :D

As for viz, we were getting 10-20' at the beach sites.

Now it's back to the 7mm wetsuit and 50-60F water. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom