guys i got dcs yesterday:(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
its official after talking with the locan DAN rep i got the bends. i exhibited slight symptoms but all is well. i was scheduled to go to the hyperbaric chamber but apparently i dint have to. symptoms are slowly subsiding, darn!!! that was close.

all happened when i was guiding a group to batcave in dive n trek. ltel you about it here, dive safe:)

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=110938

Glad to hear you’re ok.

Glad to hear that you are OK! I'd noticed your other thread about this and I'm happy to hear that you followed the advice given! :wink:

Hope you are recovering good and fast bro. Easy with the deep dives and pushing deco on your comp bro.
I strongly suggest you take the TDI advance deco and extended range or the IANTD Advance and tech diver courses if you really like doing deep dives. I'm sure you know Dave Ross over at techasia Im sure he could help you out with a good course on deep diving to complement your DIR training.
There is nothing down in the deep worth dying for bro.
I'm glad you are ok.

Good to hear you're recovering! Take it easy pare.

Spoon:
its official after talking with the locan DAN rep i got the bends. i exhibited slight symptoms but all is well. i was scheduled to go to the hyperbaric chamber but apparently i dint have to. symptoms are slowly subsiding, darn!!! that was close.

all happened when i was guiding a group to batcave in dive n trek. ltel you about it here, dive safe:)

take it easy bro, now that you have the camera there's no point in going deeper than 100 ft.. Glad you're ok.

Axua:
Hope you are recovering good and fast bro. Easy with the deep dives and pushing deco on your comp bro.
I strongly suggest you take the TDI advance deco and extended range or the IANTD Advance and tech diver courses if you really like doing deep dives. I'm sure you know Dave Ross over at techasia Im sure he could help you out with a good course on deep diving to complement your DIR training.
There is nothing down in the deep worth dying for bro.
I'm glad you are ok.

axua, thanks for your concern. i in fact did my minimum deco stops at different intervals of my dives even if my computer dint obligate me to do so. my 3rd dive was going smoothly as planned til.......... anyway i in fact know dave ross and i am scheduled to take the dir-gue tech1 course on june. might take the extended range and advance deco sometime before that. il play it by ear

thanks a lot for your kind word guys. it just proves that dcs can hit anyone and factors and causes cannot actually be pinpointed. it also shows that no matter what your training is or how well youve planned your dive, Mother nature can always unleash something which can make your best laid plans bunk! i have learned my lesson and will make it a point to have some sort of plan and redundancy contingency to make me and my buds more prepared for the worst case scenario. cheers.

Back
Top Bottom