Exhalation Bubbles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmw625

Reaction score
After working hard for many dives to get my trim right I have developed a problem. When horizontal in the water and looking around the bubbles from exhalation sometimes go into my BCD. Bam, there goes the bouyancy control and I start heading to the surface. Usually I just go vertical and grab my dump just in case. Once the bubbles clear trim returns. Anyone have/had this problem and what is the solution? :11:

Just imagining the positioning but if the bubbles go into your bc doesnt that mean that you are head down? I mean looking left and right the bubbles would still go past your cheeks and on up right?

I use an Aqualung Maverick BCD. Yes, it could be happening while my head is down. It usually happens when I am stopped and trying to view or find something intresting to me. Still find it agrivating though.

I have the same BC. Two things.
1) When you stop and begin to float up, it could be that your bouyancy is not correct.
2) When you stop your lungs are filled with air and will make you float up also. If you think no. 1 is ok. As you start to float up, try
emptying your lungs of all the air. If you stop ascending, your breathing needs to be corrected.

If you want to discuss this, send me a PM.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom