Cave diving in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me where there are other diveable caves in the Philippines beside El Nido. I hear that there are plenty of caves over there and would love the chance to come over there and dive them.

andibk

andibk:
Can anybody tell me where there are other diveable caves in the Philippines beside El Nido. I hear that there are plenty of caves over there and would love the chance to come over there and dive them.

andibk

there are a few in surigao and leyte and several in cagayan. only problem getting there is a logistical nightmare and often begins with days of trekking. we dont have the infrastructure here for proper cave diving. if you decide to do it, be prepared to spend tons of dough and at least two weeks to get to, dive in and get back from caves. your better off flying to florida or mexico.

Spoon,
Thanks for the reply. It looks like I will have to take my students to the same old places. I will probable go to Subic and dive the wrecks there also. My favorite place in the world is Subic Bay, go there every chance I get. I did all of my cave training in Mexico a couple years back. I am planning on returning to Florida later this year to do my sidemount course and my stage diving course. I live here in Thailand and there are quite a few cave systems to check out. We just located one that is dry at the moment but will flood after rainy season. My friend trekked back over 500 meters last trip up there. Once he recovers from his surgery we will head in a bit farther.

andibk

Spoon:
there are a few in surigao and leyte and several in cagayan. only problem getting there is a logistical nightmare and often begins with days of trekking. we dont have the infrastructure here for proper cave diving. if you decide to do it, be prepared to spend tons of dough and at least two weeks to get to, dive in and get back from caves. your better off flying to florida or mexico.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom