Buying ULCS arms & another c5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanwu

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I live outside the USA, but have a friend who will help me get stuff back from there.

I was wondering where is the best place (i suppose mostly online) to purchase with delivery service - within a week latest - in the USA:

1. ULCS arms? ...i checked ULCS.com & they don't seem to sell?

2. an Olympus c5050 camera? ...I know it's an out of production model, but my current ikel housing is the reason for buying an older, out of production model....or would people here recommend an upgrade altogether?? My only criteria (other than the camera takes good pictures as much as the c5050) is that there is a matching housing that I can use a sync cord with instead of using the camera's onboard flash. Using camera flash to activate strobes is simply not an option i'm willing to consider after using sync cord activation.....

Ah...the other main reason for not upgrading is that I already have all the lenses!!

1. Wide angle INON w/ DOME
2. Two INON Macro (stackable)

So ideally if I was to upgrade, i would want these lenses to be compatible w/ the new upgrade....

I just bought a backup C5050 on eBay for $310, plus shipping. It's a refurb and came in a factory box with all the accessories. I also bought a backup PT-015 quite by accident when I mentioned on Digital Diver that I might be interested in buying a another one. I had a reasonable offer, on a very nice case, within one day.

I bought my UCLS and Inon stuff from Ryan Canon at Reef Photo and Video.

http://www.reefphotovideo.com/

lanwu:
I live outside the USA, but have a friend who will help me get stuff back from there.

I was wondering where is the best place (i suppose mostly online) to purchase with delivery service - within a week latest - in the USA:

1. ULCS arms? ...i checked ULCS.com & they don't seem to sell?

2. an Olympus c5050 camera? ...I know it's an out of production model, but my current ikel housing is the reason for buying an older, out of production model....or would people here recommend an upgrade altogether?? My only criteria (other than the camera takes good pictures as much as the c5050) is that there is a matching housing that I can use a sync cord with instead of using the camera's onboard flash. Using camera flash to activate strobes is simply not an option i'm willing to consider after using sync cord activation.....

ULCS they do sell direct

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom