anyone here get DAN's dive insurance package?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Me, monique, clgsamson and jonix have plans to get DAN's comprehensive dive insurance. wondering if anyone overhere has gotten this? just curious if anyone has actually availled of their service?

Looking at the site, it certainly is a bargain considering that a ride in the chamber alone can cost upward of $2500. that alone makes me a good candidate for getting the coverage from Dan. seems like a small price to pay for something totally worth it in the grand scheme of things. anyone interested can check the link below.

Divers Alert Network SEAP

Spoon:
Me, monique, clgsamson and jonix have plans to get DAN's comprehensive dive insurance. wondering if anyone overhere has gotten this? just curious if anyone has actually availled of their service?

Looking at the site, it certainly is a bargain considering that a ride in the chamber alone can cost upward of $2500. that alone makes me a good candidate for getting the coverage from Dan. seems like a small price to pay for something totally worth it in the grand scheme of things. anyone interested can check the link below.

Hi Spoon,
There have been a number of recent threads on this topic, so you might try a "search" to get more input.

My 2 cents: I have DAN insurance, it came in VERY handy, ( I took a bad DCS hit in Aug. of 2004) and I would not want to dive without it, or something equivalent to it.

For (dive related) medical bills, it is a secondary insurance-it takes over after other health insurance has done its thing.

For other items: (in my own situation)- it covered: the cost of new plane tickets home, most of the hotel cost for the three extra days we had to stay [per Drs. orders], and the cost of shipping home dive gear and general luggage [also per Drs. orders].

Glad you came through your DCS hit as well as you did.

take care,
Mike

Spoon:

Spoon,
This year, I decided to get DAN's basic insurance for $35/year. As you said, the cost of the chamber alone makes it a worthwhile investment. Fortunately, I havent had to use it and not something I look forward to :) Hope this helps.

miked:
Hi Spoon,
There have been a number of recent threads on this topic, so you might try a "search" to get more input.

My 2 cents: I have DAN insurance, it came in VERY handy, ( I took a bad DCS hit in Aug. of 2004) and I would not want to dive without it, or something equivalent to it.

For (dive related) medical bills, it is a secondary insurance-it takes over after other health insurance has done its thing.

For other items: (in my own situation)- it covered: the cost of new plane tickets home, most of the hotel cost for the three extra days we had to stay [per Drs. orders], and the cost of shipping home dive gear and general luggage [also per Drs. orders].

Glad you came through your DCS hit as well as you did.

take care,
Mike

i know about the threads bro i just wanted to know if anyone from the philippines has availed of them

Spoon:
its around $75 a year dollars and it covers you worldwide
It's actually more than that: (Ref: http://www.danseap.org/Page84.html)

PRICES OF ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP & INSURANCE (Non-Residents of Australia)
(all prices in Australian Dollars AUS$)

MEMBERSHIP
(includes TravelAssist worldwide emergency evacuation coverage and Alert Diver)
Single Membership = $60
Family Membership = $85

Optional additional dive injury insurance

(Annual DAN SEAP Membership must be purchased when requesting the optional additional dive injury insurance)
Standard Plan = $60
Master Plan = $75
Preferred Plan = $125

Additional Charges:
Add $10 for postage outside Australia
Optional Fast Processing Charge of $10

Since you like to dive deep and have already gone through 130 ft at least once, you'd want at least the Master Plan. There are currently 1.3 Aussie dollars to each US one so... AUS 145 (60+75+10) = US $111.50

My wife and I recently bought the Master level insurance (US version). I understand that diving in Cuba isn't covered for us, there may be similar restrictions for the SEAP version.

I dove with someone off the board this weekend and he was telling me a little about this DAN stuff. I have heard about it before but it went in one ear and out the other. I think it is a good investment now. I think I am going to sign up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom