Skip Breathing Kicks ***

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont

Contributor
Reaction score
...just not underwater.

Its a great cure for insomnia on dry land though. A couple minutes of shallow breathing and holding my breath for a second after every exhale and I'm out like a light.

I don't know if its just the breath control excersize or if its a physiological effect of CO2 buildup, but it works every time for me.

lamont:
...just not underwater.

Its a great cure for insomnia on dry land though. A couple minutes of shallow breathing and holding my breath for a second after every exhale and I'm out like a light.

I don't know if its just the breath control excersize or if its a physiological effect of CO2 buildup, but it works every time for me.

I think skip breathing kicks your ***** :crafty:
Haha, I'll have to try that one of these nights :moon: when I can't fall asleep

That just can't be a good habit ;p

Some deep breathing exercises might help.

-V

Go ahead, hold your breath. You'll pass out and the brain stem will resume breathing for you.

lamont:
...just not underwater.

:11: This should be under NON- scuba related....could be of use to insomniacs. :06: Are you sure you're falling asleep? Or passing out? Have you seen a physician about this? I think it would be a good idea........ :D

funkyspelunker:
i heard that if you cross your eyes they'll get stuck that way.
LMAO :lol2:

I too have insomia and this method works to help me relax some times... but not pass out.

I would only hold my breath for 30secs max and breathe inbetween. I notice my heartrate reduces alot and it is relaxing. However I still cant go to sleep. :crafty:

Back
Top Bottom