New buddy test... is this a good idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

msedivingdoc

Reaction score
Have a buddy that you aren't sure of????
Take them to the shallow end of a pool, pull off their mask and pop the reg out of their mouth. After seeing how they respond, use it as a lesson. I would recommend that you both know this will happen, but what would you do if someone did it in <5ft to make a point?
I have practiced this senario a couple of times and feel I can deal with it without freaking.

If I'm stuck with a buddy I'm not sure of, I will only do a very easy shallow dive. I wouldn't consider your suggestion a good idea... :11:

I find this list much more useful.

Laurens

Maybe, if you know them for a while. But not in the first place.....

I had better talk (education level, previous log, and knowledge, etc...) and dive with him at the shallow water. You can figure out someone's skill very easily in one or two dives.

Not a good idea...... Do an easy dive....

Wayward Son:
Sure. After he kicks your ***, the guy will know to not dive with you.

Got to admit, this was the very first reaction I had. I know you mean well, but bad idea.

Ok I missed stating the obvious... YOU KNOW THIS DIVER... but they don't know their limitations.

Sounds like grounds for an assault charge if your buddy-to-be does not drown you after pulling that sort of stunt.

msedivingdoc:
Ok I missed stating the obvious... YOU KNOW THIS DIVER... but they don't know their limitations.

Ok, you know me....do this to me, and you STILL get your *** kicked. Matter of fact, you're much more likely to get it kicked if you do know me than if you don't. I know my limitations, the only one in the dark here is you. Do this to me, and we'll find out what your limitations are....can you breathe water? Can you fight off another diver intent on kicking your ***? As I said before, do an easy dive.............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom