First ever pics on a95. please be nice:)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
my first ever try with an underwater camera. i tried fixing most with the photoeditor of adobe photo album. these are the ones i decided to post. most of my pics were blurred. trying most of the settings and i am still very uncomfy with most.

some of my pics are above 200kb, how do i make the files smaller? wanna share more pics

Spoon:
my first ever try with an underwater camera. i tried fixing most with the photoeditor of adobe photo album. these are the ones i decided to post. most of my pics were blurred. trying most of the settings and i am still very uncomfy with most.

some of my pics are above 200kb, how do i make the files smaller? wanna share more pics

Use your photo editing program to resize the photos to 640 X 480 at 72 resolution. That is a good web size photo.

Gilligan:
Use your photo editing program to resize the photos to 640 X 480 at 72 resolution. That is a good web size photo.

im just using the adobe photoshop album starter that came iwth my camera. it doesnt have any thing here which can resize photos. do i have to get a diff editing program?

Spoon:
im just using the adobe photoshop album starter that came iwth my camera. it doesnt have any thing here which can resize photos. do i have to get a diff editing program?

If you have Windows XP, you may have a program called Photo Editor. You can use that to resize your photos. Were you using auto settings or manual? BTW, hope you're feeling better.

midwestdvr:
If you have Windows XP, you may have a program called Photo Editor. You can use that to resize your photos. Were you using auto settings or manual? BTW, hope you're feeling better.

thanks. i feel much better. i wasnt using auto settings. played around with UW mode and aperture priority settings. i dont have the gutts to try the manual mode just yet.

Spoon:
thanks. i feel much better. i wasnt using auto settings. played around with UW mode and aperture priority settings. i dont have the gutts to try the manual mode just yet.

Spoon,
Don't be too hard on yourself. These are some good Shots Mate. The "Nudi" is really good.
Stuey2

How could we not be nice about those? Those are some great shots!

Spoon,
Looks like your having some fun!! Heres a personal tip. If you doing anything macro, set you camera to F8.0, Aperature Priority & Cloudy. It seams to work well for me! With the higher F stop you will have more in focus. AKA maybe the back of that nudi you shot would be in focus too! Also remember if you have a subject that's not swimming away, make sure you zoom out as wide as you can. That way you can get closer!! Have fun & keep shooting :)

Chad

thanks everyone for the kind words. i guess experimentation is the key. and as the saying goes, " if you dont like em delete em"

Back
Top Bottom