Mares Hub with Suunto D9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rottodiver

Reaction score
Just curious to know if anyone dives with the mares HUB (lets not start an anti HUB link) and the suunto D9 with the wireless transmitter. The reason i ask this is how did you go with the transmitter sticking up off the first stage so high (seems like it will hit any wreck of cave penetration i do)being that there is no HP port on the side of it.......... Would it be an option to get a small hose made up (approx 20 cm) and clamp it to one of the hoses going down into the manifold behind the backplate.

Thank

Scott

rottodiver:
(lets not start an anti HUB link)

Scott, I will do just that and answer your question properly without making comments or flying off the handle.

You could use a 6" HP hose (like ones used on deco bottles/regs) and fasten the transmitter to it and either let it 'dangle' or zip-cord it to one of the hoses. Shoule be just fine.

rottodiver:
Would it be an option to get a small hose made up (approx 20 cm) and clamp it to one of the hoses going down into the manifold behind the backplate.

LOL....sure, why the heck not. You're already diving a HUB. What difference would one more kludge make.

R..
P.S. Scott, don't dive in overheads until you have gear that's fit for purpose (meaning, among other things, proper redundancy). Overheads are dangerous enough as it is. Stack the deck in your favor, mate, because Murphy lives in the ocean and he's out to get you.

when i said wreck and caves i think it was misunderstood it is not full long penetration stuff(that is what the trans pak is for), we have small caves that are actually large swim throughs surrounding an island off perth (rottnest) and wrecks that are purpose sunk for recreational diving, so no i would never use the hub for tec diving, sorry my fault for not really explaining that too well

Scotty

p.s it might seem it but i aint a complete idiot... i have just broken my 2500 dive barrier......bring on 3000

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom