Protect our reefs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olddiver2

Reaction score
Recent articles in the Miami Herald tell of coral bleaching due to elevated water temperatures, potential fish kills and algae blooms caused by the tremendous volume of fresh water from heavy rains this season, and biological and industrial pollution combined with more fresh water that will find its way to the Keys from the Northern Gulf.

These added pressures should encourage us even more to protect our reefs with proper buoyancy control, leave only bubbles, and pick up the trash others have carelessly dropped. I remember dives in the Caribbean where the policy was “No gloves. Look but don’t touch!” I didn’t feel cheated, I felt like I was helping preserve a resource. They knew the lasting value of natural resources for tourism.

With our reefs, we are privileged to share a delicate and valuable resource that only a small percentage of the population will ever witness. Increasing threats to the health of our reefs demands more individual responsibility to do what we can to safeguard them.

Let’s dive safely and responsibly as we protect our wonderful reefs.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom