Giant Frogfish from Moalboal, The Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marriard

Contributor
Reaction score
The traditional Giant Frogfish perched in a Barrel Sponge image (with Medusa Sea Cucumbers all over it) on a coral reef wall.

2005-07-18-11-59-48.jpg

2005-07-18-11-59-36.jpg

Image taken on the reef surrounding Pescador Island off of Moalboal, The Philippines.

Nikon D2X, 10.5mm DX Fisheye, Subal Housing, dual Inon 220 Strobes, ASA 200

Enjoy,
M

awesome pics of the frogfish. loved how you got the background as well. il be frogfish hunting in anilao over the weekend, il try to have some pics over the weekend.

How cool is that? I love the colors! Thanks for sharing

Beautiful!
(I am sooo jealous)

Spoon:
awesome pics of the frogfish. loved how you got the background as well. il be frogfish hunting in anilao over the weekend, il try to have some pics over the weekend.

Spoon, I have always found plenty of Froggies in Anilao - there is a BIG black Giant Froggie on Cathedral generally hiding in plain sight. You can see him in this image from last year. I was told he is still there:

22004_0318_113404AA_2.jpg

M

Marriard:
Spoon, I have always found plenty of Froggies in Anilao - there is a BIG black Giant Froggie on Cathedral generally hiding in plain sight. You can see him in this image from last year. I was told he is still there:

22004_0318_113404AA_2.jpg

M

ive seen many froggies in anilao but almost all i would have passed by without noticing if my Dms hadnt pointed them out. they look like sea plants. il make sure to keep my eyes open for that one. i also have seen spotted froggies somewhere in bahura and sombrero iisland.

Very cool photos. Nice composition. I long to get back to waters wherein frogfish can be found.

Great photo, Marriard.

I concentrated almost exclusively on finding a frog fish during out last trip to Bonaire and got skunked. I think even I could have spotted this guy though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom