First night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brand0n

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Had my first night dive last night :) it was part of my AOW training the area we dove was PITCH black no streets lights or moon or any kind of light around i was fine through out the whole dive we droped of a high reef and down with lots of tall kelp and loads of lopsters everywhere, it was fun id like to do it again but in a area with less kelp then you can see more of the bottem and what fish are there. i flooded my backup light tho :( without even using it

The next time you do another night dive, take note in not just what is below and around you..have a look up, the last night dive I did, was a month or so ago, awesome dive, when I looked up we were surrounded by what seemed like a big cloud of jellyfish, absolutly beautiful!

Hey what were you using for the flooded light (just curious). I find night diving very relaxing for some reason more so than day diving. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Did my 1st night dive this past weekend. Great dive. We went at dusk and surfaced in complete darkness.

I've loved all of mine so far. My wife is taking a bit longer to really enjoy it but she's getting there. Night skin-dives make a nice bridging activity.

I like to mute my light and follow her pool of light, it gives a whole differnt sense of space. We;re diving Princeton Tech, Shockwave LEDs

Pete

Oh yes. I remember my first night dive.

I was VERY nervous, it seemed a crazy thing to do - dive in the dark, but I had to try it.

And of course, it was awesome. What I hadn't realized was that the sea creatures and their interaction would be different at night. The dive site we went to was one I had dove during daylight many times, yet I saw things I had never seen before. Such as seeing a green moray eel CATCH A FISH and eat it right before my eyes. Kind of like watching a snake eat. I almost bumped into a parrot fish floating by in his protective mucus sack. I saw my first slipper lobster on that dive. It was fantastic. Then of course, the best part, at the end of the dive, as we were ascending up the line, we all turned our lights off and started waving our arms - the phytoplankton started to light up every where around us! Very enlightening experience :)

Glad to hear you enjoyed it as well!

Aloha

Wow that was an awesome experience. Being in the absolute darkness when you turn the lights off is something else. Saw a cool little horn shark and followed him around for a while. Octopuses, crabs, just more see life in general. Highly advise the night dive.

Night dives are nokaoi! Check out Hawaii Ohana for our next trip! Night dive to 110' on a "wreck" on ghost night!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom