Venice Beach Sat, Sept 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Meet at North side of Public Beach at 10:00 AM in Venice.

Anyone interested?

Stop for lunch - lets make this a meet and greet!

That's sounding like a definate possibility.

dive4fun - Steve here. I met Jeff and Walter at Venice once, albeit briefly.

If my youngest decides to stay Saturday at his uncle's, I might bring my (newly certified) daughter over. Lunch would be good too. It would be nice for her to meet some of the conchs :sunshine: Probably only about 30% chance of our showing up, but I will try. She will probably be on the boards here soon, she is quite the little computer whiz.

We would try to be over early if we can make it - does anyone know offhand what time FL West opens? I hate to haul 4 tanks in our dinky little car, but I will if I they aren't open early.

Also, when you say North side, do you mean by Alahambra, or elsewhere? I don't know where the boundaries for the beach are, but if you give me a street name or directions, I will find you.

Florida West opens at 9am.. Taildragger will be meeting me there at 9:30 for tank top-offs and then we'll be heading for the beach. thedaddy, just follow Venice Avenue west until it dead ends - the public beach parking area will be ahead and to your right. There are two parking areas, separated by a concession stand and the rest rooms. We usually park in the most northern lot (furthest to the right from where Venice Avenue dead ends). It's going to be a gamble on the conditions, the current predictions are for NW winds so we might have some waves.

dive4funOften:
Meet at North side of Public Beach at 10:00 AM in Venice.

Anyone interested?

Stop for lunch - lets make this a meet and greet!

OK It looks like a go for me!! :D

I just got my diving equipment after getting certified while in Wisconsin for college and I'd love to make this dive. I'm living in Tampa now, but I'm a Venice native...yeah an actual native :)
Hopefully I'll be able to get down there, what do you all usually go out to see when you're there? Is there still that plane that wrecked off shore?

I'm not going to be able to make it :(

Thedaddy, your daughter got her certification? Cool! Did you wife get hers as well?

jessecurry:
I just got my diving equipment after getting certified while in Wisconsin for college and I'd love to make this dive. I'm living in Tampa now, but I'm a Venice native...yeah an actual native :)
Hopefully I'll be able to get down there, what do you all usually go out to see when you're there? Is there still that plane that wrecked off shore?

I think alot of em just dive around for shark's teeth :D

Anyone hear how the vis has been there the past week or so? Hoping to hit the beach for a dive on Sunday.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom