Home remedy for water logged ears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasassy

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got back from another trip and I always seem to get water in my ears. Anyone know the ratio of distilled vinegar to alcohol to help me dry out?

scubasassy:
Just got back from another trip and I always seem to get water in my ears. Anyone know the ratio of distilled vinegar to alcohol to help me dry out?

I use alcohol and peroxide 50:50. Not sure about vinegar.

Terry

Your local drug store sells ear drops made specifically for swimmers and divers made of glycerin (available in the food store as cake decorating stuff) to reduce the surface tension of the water, and alcohol (to kill stuff and dry the ear). Sells for under $3.00 or so.

pasley:
Your local drug store sells ear drops made specifically for swimmers and divers made of glycerin (available in the food store as cake decorating stuff) to reduce the surface tension of the water, and alcohol (to kill stuff and dry the ear). Sells for under $3.00 or so.

Two names are Aurodry and Swimmer's Ear.

Just buy Witch Hazel, it's pre-mixed.

You'll find it right next to isopropyl alcohol at the drug store, and nearly as inexpensive.

I called ask a nurse once and they said stand on one leg the same one as the plugged ear and vigerously shke the other. My wife told me the same thing and I thought she was trying to make a fool out of me.

If this or the above does not work you may have a wax build up as I did.
They irrigated the ear with warm baby stool softener to remove the
excess wax. :D

scubasassy:

I use is 50% alcohol / 50% vinegar

Back
Top Bottom