Anyone Diving Vortex Spring on Sat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Archer_Pensacola

Contributor
Reaction score
We are doing our final checkout dives for our OW Cert. and I was wondering if anyone was planning on being there Saturday (9/10). Let me know and say hi if you're there.

I was thinking about diving Morrison(just a few miles south of Vortex), but didn't find a buddy in time so made other arrangements to dive a quarry in central AL.

We'll be back in the area next weekend though, diving Morrison or Cypress on Sunday(18th).

Wish I had read the board before today. I did dive Vortex today; Saturday 9/10/05. First time for me and I loved it. Many classes were going on, and I loved diving the cavern. Me, my girlfriend and another buddy were on the grass near the floating dock. If you would like to dive it this coming weekend we will be there again. We are going to make a whole day of it this coming weekend. Might even get a canoe between dives and see some sites down the creek. The eels love the "Slim-Jims", and the bream like cheese. Let me know and we could meet and have some fun.

yur -

That stinks that we didn't get to meet up. We had to do our final 3 checkout dives and we got there about 1 PM. We were set up at one of the picnic tables above the floating dock. We did our three dives and practiced our other skills and were done by 3:30. Our instructor had some fish food and all the little fish were swarming us during each dive. I think I got some good pics which I'll post as soon as they are developed. We need to get our cards and stuff, so I'm not sure when we will be back there (plus we have three little "anchors" to deal with :) but I would love to meet up with you at some point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom