Need Expert Opinion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twinpop

Reaction score
I need your guys expert opinion. I am looking to purchase a dive camera, I was shown a Olympus C7070 with matching case, price was 799.00. It looks like a very nice camera with a lot of nice features, along with the case. Does anybody have a opinion/experiance - good or bad?

Thanks,

Kevin

Although I am no where near an expert, I will pass on some info.

I was on the T&C Aggressor last week and Christopher (the boats Photo Pro) told me that it was a very good camera underwater (they had one cased in a Tetra housing as part of their rental cameras). I respect his opinion.

Sorry that I cannot pass on any first hand info.

Dave

I can't speak from personal experience, I have a C-5050, but there are an awful lot of satisfied folks who have the C-7070.

I have a Canon but reading through the web seems that the C7070 is pretty good.
I have advice a friend of mine which want also to start shooting underwater to buy it.
If I would start now I think I would go for it...

Kevin
I'm not an expert,but there are better prices than $ 799.00
17photo.com has camera and housing for $ 554.00
mdiusa.com has the camera and housing for $ 559.00
Good luck

I got a 7070 the end of July from B&H Photo for $389 the housing was $189. After the Olympus 4040, this new camera has been a treat to dive with. Love the jog dial for adjusting the manual settings. Am still experimenting with all it can do, but you can't go wrong with the camera.

I don't have any trouble recommending the 7070, but would suggest you consider other housing options.

The PT-027 housing's lens port is horribly designed, the little red latches that hold it in place regularly break and are not repairable.

I would consider:
Ikelite's housing, which has Olympus TTL w/ Ikelite Strobes
Light & Motion's Tetra Housing, which has TTL & 12 manual power settings w/ many external strobes.

They are more money, but much higher quality. Customers in Asia might also consider Patima's 7070 housing.

Back
Top Bottom