Sarasota Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason8598

Registered
Reaction score
I will be in Sarasota Sept. 17th to the 19th and was curious about the water temperature right now.
Also would like some info of any good shore dive locations close to the area.

Thanks

Of course VEnice is fun too! we are going to Weeki Wachee that weekend. You can join us if you like!

Jason8598:
I will be in Sarasota Sept. 17th to the 19th and was curious about the water temperature right now.

Thanks

Jason8598:

Thanks

Jason

Red tide has been really bad here, and now with all the run off from the storm. I would bet vis is really bad

I would not think you guys were that stirred up. I talked to a guy in Gulf Shores, Al yesterday and he says there is all sorts of trash out in the Gulf...(cows, docks, alligators, & all sorts of trash). That really sucks for his dive operation. He says it will probably be screwed up for a month or so. He also reported the vis as nil.

Maybe I should have been a little more specific on what I wanted :) My first plan was to go with a charter and go toothing but there is no room. I know that Venice beach is a good site. Not to worried about vis and trash (makes it that much more challenging right). Anyway, I will probably dive from Venice. Where along the beach is good and how far out should I go to have any chance of finding anything?
Thanks

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom