Calling all New Jersey folks, have a question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtcpl2

Reaction score
I saw a great deal on some scuba gear online from a dive shop in new jersey called Regency Diving Center in New Jerseynot sure what city but 973 area code.

Does anyone live nearby or have any info on them? I am in Mich so its to far to drive, Owner states he's going out of business in 2 months and some deals sound to good to be true.(50% of new equip).
I looked him on on the Mfg's site for some of the gear he sells and he is listed as a registed dealer with them so warranty's would be good.

Any suggestions??

Would you have any more info on the shop? Maybe the link to where you were looking would be more helpfull or the link from the mfg's site where he is listed a registered dealer? I'm in in central Jersey and 973 area code is just north of me. Maybe if you could provide more info I could take a drive up to the shop. If I can get over there I'm sure I could verify the deals being as good as they are.

J

gtcpl2:
I saw a great deal on some scuba gear online from a dive shop in new jersey called Regency Diving Center in New Jerseynot sure what city but 973 area code.

Does anyone live nearby or have any info on them? I am in Mich so its to far to drive, Owner states he's going out of business in 2 months and some deals sound to good to be true.(50% of new equip).
I looked him on on the Mfg's site for some of the gear he sells and he is listed as a registed dealer with them so warranty's would be good.

Any suggestions??

I stopped in there about four years ago when I was considering a Zeagle Ranger. The guy ran the dive shop out of the basement of his house, along with doing training classes there. Nice guy as I remember. Completely legitamite operation, all new stuff with US warrantys. If he is going out of business, he should have no problem doing a mailorder transaction.

That article is interesting. Thanks for the quick response everyone. This place is the best source of info I have ever found

I use them for fills sometimes, and a few smaller purchases in the past. Small shop, really cool staff. No stereotypical LDS BS to deal with there. Vladi on the board works there.

I noticed they were removed from the trainer listings on some of the agencies web sites after this lawsuit came up last year, but I haven't heard anything about hime going out of business.

I did notice that their site is down, though.

While I took the good comments of eveyone here and purchased a Poseidon Extreem Deep 90 regulator from costa's for $400. It came today and is new in the box as he stated. That is why I was so cautious and asked for everyones info.

If anyone is near him you may want to check out what he has left that hes selling. I know he told me that he has some second stages left at $175 for this reg.

Thanks again eveyone

Any new news on this?

Website is still down, no one answering the phone, and they've been closed the last few times I drove past.

But nothing in the window indicating them closing and the shop still looks stocked.

Back
Top Bottom