Help find lost gear please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Apparently there is a complete set of brand new gear 200 yds off the shore of Venice Beach. If anyone finds it or hears of anyone that finds please contact me.

Ann 863 860-5189
annmkruse@aol.com

Thanks conchs!

did it fall off a boat? Or swam away? What happened?

jessecurry:
I'd guess that unless it is extremely negative that it is at least over by Sharky's by now. Maybe even Caspersen's or Manasota.
Still in a boat bag? With weights?
Rick

dive4funOften:
Hi everyone.

Apparently there is a complete set of brand new gear 200 yds off the shore of Venice Beach. If anyone finds it or hears of anyone that finds please contact me.

Ann 863 860-5189
annmkruse@aol.com

Thanks conchs!

Drinking and Diving is not recommended.

So WHAT did HAppen? There has got to be a INTERESTING story here!

Eric

This is what I heard from the dealer who sold him the gear. Apparently he was a new diver who had just bought a full set of gear a few days earlier. He was doing a shore dive off Venice and thought there was a problem with his BC. He then took off the gear at the surface with the BC not inflated and was holding on to the integrated alternate air source (???). Something then "came apart" and the gear dropped to the bottom. He was then unable to find the gear in the "0 viz". That's all I know. I doubt anyone will find it, but if they do I'm sure he'd pay a hefty reward !!!

Sounds like alot of stress to put on a a courregated hose secured by a ziptie.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom