Just returned from Provo - Turks & Caicos.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have been to many sites in the Carribean, T.& C. was a new place for us. We enjoyed our trip immensely. Dove exclusively at West Caicos.

The good stuff: Reefs are in excellant shape

Has more pelegic life than many others we've been to.
Caicos Adventures was a good choice, the most recommended by this and other boards.

The ride to the reefs was great ( 45 min. ), we were in awe of the color of turquoise going over to West Caicos.

The only other boats we saw all week were two liveaboards: Sea Dancer and Aggressor.

The bad stuff: A twenty minute ride to the dock - not as nice as walking out your front door like the Brac or L.C. or Bonaire, or even Coz.
The vis was down to 50 - 60 ft. due to storms to the west in Bahamas and Florida.

No nitrox available, the reefs start at 50 ft. and diving at 80 longer would be the best.

And the big answer to the big question is............

We'd go back! and probably will.

Caymaniac

Hi Caymaniac,

did you go with Fifi of West Caicos Diving Adventures? They are great!

I first dove T&C in 1991 and then return in August 2001. What a difference. When I first dove, Grace Bay was fabulous, like jumping into an acquarium. Now it's been over-developed and there's not much to see. But I did spend a day on an excursion with Fifi and his team and they are excellent!

Tricia

Fifi was good, the water was such a beautiful turquoise going to and coming back from West Caicos that I still cant believe the color. There were a few speaking French on the boat,( I see you're from France), you probobly can relate to that experience. The weather was wonderful as well. we enjoyed each day. Fifi had his son Curtis and daughter Caterina on the boat with him all week, what cute kids.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom