East Timor : Sept. 10 - Pipefish and Funky Eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
050910sb025.jpg

050910sb028.jpg

050910sb041.jpg

050910sb026.jpg

050910sb021.jpg

Incredible pictures esp. the color saturationand those eyes look like something out of a cartoon. Good animal behavior, observation skills.

Dive Safe

What is the last pic? :thinkingo anyway great pics...

Rocha:
Very nice! I've seen your other East Timor pictures and they are great too. By the way, I am planning a trip to East Timor next year and your links were very helpful. I will be contacting you about that in the near future.

Luiz

Thanks Luiz. Tell us when you are coming and we can show you around. Year round is great but the best time is dry season between the months of August and November. This period opens up a few more sites that sit near the openings of a couple of rivers. Lots o' nudibranchs!!

Nick

Wolverine:
What is the last pic? :thinkingo anyway great pics...

Wolverine, thanks!. The last shot is of some kind of small conch (Strombus sp.??). There are so many that I can't tell which species. I have seen one eye ball before but this really got my attention. Kinda freaky!

Nick

calypsonick:
The last shot is of some kind of small conch (Strombus sp.??). There are so many that I can't tell which species. I have seen one eye ball before but this really got my attention. Kinda freaky!

Nick

Great pictures - I especially love the conch - the eyes look so funny!! Wondering what they were looking at... :05:

Gaby

Did he took an ecstasy to have such eyes??? I really like it.
Nice pipe fish variety.
Bravo!! Belle foto!!

Back
Top Bottom