Couple to live underwater for 10 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abril:
I couldn't believe it when I read this.
How is it possible to be under that long? What about Narcosis? I don't know how deep they are. I'd be affrain it would ruin future dives....Too much of a good thing.

They dont make any statement to depth if it is above 33fsw I have read there there is no limit to dive time. USN does saturation diving to 300 ft for 10 days at a clip. Once you are down for a couple hours you have absorbed all the N2 you are going to. Personally I would wait 48 hours before flying.

Thanks
John

That is wild....I wonder if they will actually stay down for the whole ten days!

Don't ask yourself any questions...
Italians are just strange :)

BTW I'm Italian...

Anyway... they'll stay at 6 to 8 meters (18 - 24 feet circa).

Well, as the article says they are using oxygen masks I guess they're not going any deeper than 4m. :)

Abril:
How is it possible to be under that long?
Certainly. With full face masks they will be able to sleep. There is a habitat for eating and asorted other physical needs.
Abril:
What about Narcosis?
That would depend mostly on depth.
Abril:
I don't know how deep they are. I'd be affrain it would ruin future dives....Too much of a good thing.
Possible, but unlikely.

I suspect the effects on their skin will be pretty rough and dehydration during sleep will be problem.

I have actually dozed off during decompression - as long as I'm warm enough, I can pretty sleep anywhere. If i was clipped off and had a full face rig, I could really get some good rack time on the line even though you're supposed to be moving around all the time.
Are these people going to be pruney or what though? Not to mention bored absolutely out of their gourds. I like diving and all that, but six hours is about all I can take in a single day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom