Where is Cay Sal??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
I have been trying to locate Cay Sal Banks on the maps and cannot. I also, can't pull up Bimini when I try to. Which one of the
Bahama Islands are they. Just curious as I am going in August and want more than a general idea of where I am going. I am familar with Grand Bahama, Freeport and West End and Nassau. Just want a better picture of where out there I am headed. I thought it was south and east of Grand Bahama am I wrong? I know where Andros is. Am I close?

The Biminis are due east of Miami. Cay Sal bank is due south of Miami just before you run into Cuba. Cay Sal is one of the small islands in the area.

Look at http://www.bahamasvg.com/bahmap.html

Cay Sal is not on that map.

Here is a bit more.

Cay Sal Bank is a shallow plateau surrounded by the deepest, bluest water imaginable. It is separated from the rest of The Bahamas by Santaren Channel, from Cuba by Nicholas Channel and from the United States by the Straits of Florida. This unique geography offers the promise of underwater escapades on deep walls, coral reefs and blue holes.

Sounds good to me. Have fun!

Thanks, Walter and Natasha. I am counting down the days now.
I have an exciting summer coming up starting on July 4th. I hope the rains let up in WPB by then so we can dive. We cancelled on Memorial Day due to weather, I would just hate it if we have to again. I am real excited about Cay Sal in August, it sounds just wonderful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom