Bonaire 9/05 pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got back from Bonaire, did about 25 dives and brought the WAL and my new 165's with. The WAL never made it out of the room....I had a blast with my macro lenses...that is a lot of fun. I am new to macro, but I am extremely happy with my results. Here are my favorites....

Very cool indeed. I love the shrimps in the anenome.
I have a WAL which I am beginning to get the hang of but I can feel the need for a macro lens..
Alison

Ahhh, a Bonaire fix:) Gotta love the little things you can find down there! Nice job!! I'll say hello to them again next month:)

Nice shots! What camera setup are you using them with? I have an Oly C5050Z, with D180 strobe and am looking to get a nice macro lens before my trip to T&C in December. Any recommendations?

Nice macros, Jas. I really like the first shrimp in the pink anemone...great shot!

Thanks everyone....very cool stuff.

Kid, I use an Olympus 5050z with a D-180 strobe also...all of these shots were taken with 2 stacked Inon 165's. F8.0 1/2000 and strobe set to 1/4 or 1/3 power.

I have several out of focused shots and could not tell UW that they were out of focused so I just took multiple shots of the same subject if I could. I found a frog fish and snapped only 2 pics and as luck would have it..both were not focused.

Macro suits my needs more than wide angle and especially in Bonaire it works really well. The trickiest thing was developing critter eyes...if its in the right spot nothing is too small to photograph...so you really have to look for the critters. My 1st photo of my 2nd post....I'm not sure what that guy is..baby goby or what...but he was tiny...quarter of my pinky nail tiny.

What is funny is we stayed at Buddy Dive and the DeLoaches were there....they are the authors of the famous Fish ID books..I could of asked or even purchased their books or gone on a dive with them, but we had a different agenda but i suspect some members would enjuoy time with them. :)

J

Dee,

Just to be fair and since I believe I read you are getting into macro also...here are the rest of the shots in that sequence..obviously not all are ideal...some are just a tad out of focused but thats all you need to have a crap shot. :)

The one I like the best:

Well well well, you take pictures!

Great selection of shots, the use of the high shutter gave you some nice black backgrounds

Good job.

Mike
ps can't help myself...WA requires proper buoyancy device...:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom