Palm Coast Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmateurCichlids

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be visiting a friend of mine in October from CT. I've never dove in the area before and he will be newly qualified. I'm looking for shore dives, no deeper than say 45 -50 feet where I can still get some decent photos. Possibly a night dive depending on how well he takes to the entire dive thing.
I'm open to any suggestions for great dive locations within a three hour drive from Palm Coast. Thanks for any help.
Tim

OK. I've learned that Palm Coast doesn't offer anything in the way of diving unless you enjoy sand. That being the case, he does have an RV and would could drive someplace to camp and dive. Anything within five hours that offers good shore dives?
If someone could suggest some hot dive towns within five hours of Palm Coast, I'll go through the forum and research dive locations myself. ;-)
Also, middle to end of October, will a 3mm shorty suffice? Or should I bring my 7mm one piece?
Thanks,
Tim

AmateurCichlids:
OK. I've learned that Palm Coast doesn't offer anything in the way of diving unless you enjoy sand. That being the case, he does have an RV and would could drive someplace to camp and dive. Anything within five hours that offers good shore dives?
If someone could suggest some hot dive towns within five hours of Palm Coast, I'll go through the forum and research dive locations myself. ;-)
Also, middle to end of October, will a 3mm shorty suffice? Or should I bring my 7mm one piece?
Thanks,
Tim

Do you want to spring dive or ocean dive? Palm Coast is within striking distance of the springs... Also... Check out the dive operators in Daytona and Jacksonville... I haven't been up there, but I've read several posts on SB about them.

Al

AmateurCichlids:
Thanks,
Tim

I'd say the 3mm is good for the ocean but if you want to spend time in the springs I'd wear a 7mm.

Got an RV go to Ginnie Springs.

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking for dives that have some colorful fish and colorful reefs. I've considered the charters out of Jacksonville, but I don't know if my buddy will be up for them the day after getting certified. I'll check out Ginnie Springs and see if anyone's posted info that suits our needs. Thanks Again,
Tim

Try seadogs out of New Smyrna Beach for a good boat trip. It should be about an hour or so south. No decent beach dives north of Coco, and they get better the further south you go. If you can make it to LBTS or further south you will enjoy it more for what you are looking for. There are several divers on the SB from that area that can probably give you a better idea where the best spots are.

AmateurCichlids:
Thanks for the replies. I'm looking for dives that have some colorful fish and colorful reefs.

Since you are looking for colorful fish and reefs, the spring dives are not going to provide them. You will have to get down to West Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale for the "colorful fish and colorful reefs".

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom