Sunday Sept 11, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avic7

Contributor
Reaction score
Is this part of the forum still being used? Doesn't seem to have much going on.
I let myself go for the past 6 months, eating alot, studying alot, watching movies alot and minimal exercise.

So I just finished eating McD's breakfast and weighed myself.
Starting weight: 198 lbs (Sept 11, 2005)
Target weight: 175 lbs (when? Before Halloween of THIS year)

My height is 183 cm. Is my target weight appropriate for me? Is my target weight even possible? Because muscle weighs more than fat! I want to be toned and not bulk up.

Gotta cut down on sweets, maybe once a week or less, and have to stop those late night eatings. Because of my schedule I will be able to exercise monday to thurs for an hour and half, maybe even two hours. Friday, saturday and sunday will be days when I let my body rest up with an occasion sit up using my exercise ball.

Alright that my resolution!

ok - keep us posted!!

Current weight: 190 lbs (Oct 3, 2005)
Let hope my scale was accurate. Couldn't resist and went to IHOP for pancake breakfast after school.

LOL!! - Keep it coming. I should get on this too!

Keep it up...errr off!
Good luck! Keep us posted!

Avic7:
Is this part of the forum still being used? Doesn't seem to have much going on.
I let myself go for the past 6 months, eating alot, studying alot, watching movies alot and minimal exercise.

So I just finished eating McD's breakfast and weighed myself.
Starting weight: 198 lbs (Sept 11, 2005)
Target weight: 175 lbs (when? Before Halloween of THIS year)

My height is 183 cm. Is my target weight appropriate for me? Is my target weight even possible? Because muscle weighs more than fat! I want to be toned and not bulk up.

Gotta cut down on sweets, maybe once a week or less, and have to stop those late night eatings. Because of my schedule I will be able to exercise monday to thurs for an hour and half, maybe even two hours. Friday, saturday and sunday will be days when I let my body rest up with an occasion sit up using my exercise ball.

Alright that my resolution!

Ever try the South Beach diet? I find it very easy to lose the kind of weight you need (roughly 23 lbs). For two weeks don't consumer any carbs or sugar which means:

1. no alcohol (it's converted into sugar).
2. no rice, pasta or bread (unless it's whole wheat)
3. no soda
4. no fruits (again sugar)

The first point may be tough for you given that you're Canadian :D

Good luck anyway if choose some other way.

DiveGolfSki:
Ever try the South Beach diet? I find it very easy to lose the kind of weight you need (roughly 23 lbs). For two weeks don't consumer any carbs or sugar which means:

3. no soda

The first point may be tough for you given that you're Canadian :D

Good luck anyway if choose some other way.

Well, I'm sortof on a diet. I spent over a grand at my LDS recently and is saving money to pay off my mom. Since I don't drink alcohol at all that no problem right there. Been cutting down on sugars and sweets and icecream etc to save money...which is why i think i lost weight in the first place. I NEEEEDD my fruits and veges and ESPECIALLY my RICE. I am asian after all. I NEEEEEED my rice. hahahaa
Just try to get between me and my bowl of rice. :D

DiveGolfSki:
3. no soda
Shheeesssseee, I think it would be easier for me to get to the moon than these restrictions...

mrobinson:
Shheeesssseee, I think it would be easier for me to get to the moon than these restrictions...

Tell me about ... BTW, the moon is not made out of cheese. :D

I'm finding that my resistance is up now that I'm allowing myself to have all the fruits and vegetables that I want. I don't restrict my fruits, and it satisfies my sweet tooth, keeps me away from cookies, etc. I have at least one Vit C fruit a day, and usually a plum or apple with breakfast, and another for my commute home, so I don't stop at McD's or BurgerKing on the way. I am happier with a low/moderate fat, normal foods diet. I lose slowly, but I have been losing. I can live with it, and I know that even if it takes 6-9 more months, I will eventually make my goal. I'm only about 10-15 lbs from it now. And I don't feel deprived in the meantime. Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck, all. It's worth it all when you get a compliment like this from a 6th grade student: "Mrs. L, you used to be a little bit fat... but now you're looking skinnier." HAHAHA, kids...(he got an "A" that day :wink:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom