Padi Nitrox class in Ft Laud area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IaDiverJ&L

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wife and I will be in Ft Lauderdale area in Jan 06. Thinking of taking a nitrox course. Of course looking for cheap $$, maybe with a boat dive.
Jeff

My wife and I went up to Boynton Beach to get ours from Splashdown Divers. The course fee is $150.00 for the first person and $125.00 for each additional person and includes the course, a two tank boat trip, two Nitrox filled rental tanks, and weights.
This is for a PADI Cert, and compared to the IANTD course mentioned above, this is cheaper for 2 students.

Del-Ray SCUBA was outstanding. I don't want to give away prices, but the rate including books, tanks, instruction and 2 dives were less expensive than a 2 tank charter in Charleston SC. Drove 8 hours, paid for gas, and still saved significant $$. Call the shop, ask for Ms Lee, tell her that Tim and Brad sent you, and you will be well taken care of. They are probably about 30 minutes north of Ft. L, but well worth the drive. Our EANx cert dives were perfect. Had a captain, and DM all to ourselves. A total of 4 people (2 students, 1 captain, and 1 DM) on a 35 foot dive boat. Can't get more personal than that! Best dive shop experience I have had in 18 years of diving.

IaDiverJ&L:
Wife and I will be in Ft Lauderdale area in Jan 06. Thinking of taking a nitrox course. Of course looking for cheap $$, maybe with a boat dive.
Jeff

Charlie99:
While I've only glanced at the IANTD Nitrox book, it didn't seem to have anything not covered by PADI. What sort of stuff is added?
Lets see, that a pPO2 isn't an absolute number, why time component is also critical, and that you are responsible for determining your own safety factors when calculating your pPO2/MOD, and why blindly picking a "safe" number like 1.4 may not be safe at all based on a number of extenuating factors including total time at depth. The reasons why CNS is critical for rec divers, while whole body turns out to be more of a problem for RB divers and divers with long deco obligations. How their buhlmann tables are built and why they are interrelated. Basically, I learned to process information and think for myself. :)

And that's not even comparing it against PADI's new online "Discover EAN" course where they leave out most of the EAN algebra and teach divers to basically dive just one pPO2/MOD (EAN32).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom