pics from sombrero island.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
aqua v was packed for the cleanup day. but was able to take some decent photos in sombrero island. the viz was good and the water was free of any currents. max depth was 75 ft. was scared to push it after my dcs experience last week. Bumped into Caloy again unfortunately we dint dive together. hopefully next time sa dive-o-rama.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1258126#post1258126

great photos mate.

Spoon:
aqua v was packed for the cleanup day. but was able to take some decent photos in sombrero island. the viz was good and the water was free of any currents.

Hey Spoon, excuse my ignorance, but is this the Sombrero Isle off the west coast of Panay just south of Maniguin? Hank

Actually, Hank, I think it's Sombrero Island off of mainland batangas.

(I'm guessing you're familiar with Panay considering your aquaculture background? - my family's from Roxas)

chip104:
Actually, Hank, I think it's Sombrero Island off of mainland batangas.

(I'm guessing you're familiar with Panay considering your aquaculture background? - my family's from Roxas)

I ran a hatchery in Roxas back in 1988 for a year. Golden Pond. I was the managing partner in Jamandre Hatcheries (Aloha Fry) in Iloilo for 10 years and left in 97. Panay is like home to me. I spent a lot of time diving Nogas Island off Anani'i and spent a year on Boracay too...not to mention about 20 visits there while I lived in Iloilo.
I haven't dived Sombero off Antique but I heard it's pretty good. Been to Maniguin about 10 times. Hank

Hank49:
Hey Spoon, excuse my ignorance, but is this the Sombrero Isle off the west coast of Panay just south of Maniguin? Hank

sombrero island of the coast of anilao.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom