tigullio or sea quest!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thomaspies

Registered
Reaction score
hello hello,

I just got back from an expedition to s.e. Sulawesi, Indonesia two days ago and am in a bit of a pickle! Before i left for asia, i invested in a new BCD, the Mares vector pro; a useless piece of kit! the low pressure inflator leaked incessantly and the pocket ripped off! So after a refund i'm investing in a new jacket- either the Tigullio hover or the sea quest pro QD. I would very much appreciate any opinions you chaps have on either (the sea quest seems pretty highly rated so far, so info on the tigullio would be cracking!) any info on the size details would be great as well- the sites provide all specs but it would be good to hear the sizes you guys use relative to your size- i'm 6.1 and around 200 pounds!
your assistance in this matter is much obliged!

regards, your friend in Wales!

Have you thought about a BP/W ? :D I myself dive with a Scubapro Knighthawk and love it. A dive buddy of mine (your size) also dives with one. Can't give you any advice on the tigullio or sea quest, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Hi Thomas,

I use Seaquest Pro-QD and am very happy with it.
Lots of lift, with integrated weight, and dump valves at convenient locations.

I can't comment much on the Tigullio as I've not used them before.

Go try them both and see which one you feel more comfortable with.
Many from here will tell you comfort is more important than the features they advertised.

Chai

I have some information on zerovisibility about the Tigullio Hover. Used it fairly extensively. Some people do not like the hover but I found it easy to dive with and it looks good. Weight system is poor however compared to the Seaquest surelock system.

http://www.zerovisibility.co.uk/Reviews.htm

Both of these jackets are big jackets. But despite it's size the Tigullio is not cut out for a twin setup.

http://www.zerovisibility.co.uk/TigullioHover.htm

In my opinion if you can afford the Seaquest it might be the better buy. In the UK the Tigullio Hover can be bought nice and cheap though.

I agree with KNYC2000. I dive the Pro-QD and have been very happy with it. I am 6'2" tall @ 219lbs, it fits well with plenty of lift. The weight system is well designed and dump valves are handy. IMO you should try several different makes at your lds and see which suits you best. lol Good diving

i have the pro QD and i love it.... I would recommend it to anyone.... I have never used the other one..... to me it is like a car,,, get the color you want with the bells and whistles you like and drive, after a few days you will get used to it.... i would suggest buying at a dealer so if you have any problems you can get it fixed there... it is worth paying a little extra not to get stuck with a lemon..... clay

Once again, an outstanding response by all! cheers for all the advice chaps, by the looks of things i'll hit the lds and ask for a try before you buy, but it looks like the sea quest is the winner so far. BTW, Mr Hooked again! which size do you use? you seem to be around the same size as me ( the same dap as we say here in wales!)
Regards, Tom pies

My Pro-QD is an XL size. I am very happy with it and hope you will be also. Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom