V-Planner and multi-level dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cold_Under_Here

Contributor
Reaction score
What are peoples views on using V-Planner as dive planning software? I've run "simulated" dive plans checking with my tables, and they turn out with in the limits. Is it safe to use this software for multi-level non-deco air only dives? Any personal experiences?
I like thinking about my dives!

cheers!

I use it for that and find it quite handy.

jonnythan:
I use it for that and find it quite handy.

See, this is the post I was trying to avoid..........yes "Cold_Under_Here", a lot of tech divers use that program for cutting tables, but you need to know how to use it. If you can answer my question up top, I guess you're on your way.

ShakaZulu:
What is your RMV?

Oh..I won't be diving multilevel dives anytime soon. I haven't been diving enough to even be able to calculate my air consumption rate. I was just interesting in learning and understanding the software and tables used in multi-level diving. I have a brand spanking new uwatec timer on the way, and I'm just looking at its possibilities for the future.

cheers!

p.s. I'm a fizzy, just like looking at the graphs!

I asked basically the same question yesterday, with no replies. Maybe that was why. Is it this board's opinion that to use a dive planner you must be a tech diver?

CUH, obviously you can use it just fine, but just as obvious is that if you're planning your dives to that level of detail, you have to be VERY on top of things and dive EXACTLY according to your plan or you're going to mess things up, especially if you don't have a computer as a backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom