Diver Picture in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linthorn

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Posted this to the Caribbean forum, but thought I'd post it here too. I am a new diver and shot this on film with an MX-10 at around 70'. I rather like it, peaceful. Tell me what you think. As I said, I'm very new at both UW photography and diving (this was dive #18)

You're right, this picture does reflect peacefulness...:D

I played around with it a bit, worked on the levels to get rid of the haze, sharpend the diver, burned the bubbles a touch and added a shine....Hope you don't mind

justleesa:

I played around with it a bit, worked on the levels to get rid of the haze, sharpend the diver, burned the bubbles a touch and added a shine....Hope you don't mind

you guys are GOOD!

justleesa:

Not at all, but... I'd like to know what you did, specifically. As I said, I'm very new at this and could use all the pointers I can get. Also, the original file is quite large, I scanned it from a negative at 4800dpi, 48bit so that I would have lattitude to play with it. I know the rudiments of PS but only the rudiments.

I used PSE, so you might have to look a bit for the options

First I selected the levels option, then adjusted each color by moving the little arrows (right and left ones only). As you see in the Histogram it usually goes up and down and flattens to either side, or one side -so you move the arrow to get rid of the flat part. When you have done this the colors should be less hazzy.

I then used the selection/mask tool to select the diver and used the sharpen filter on him only.

Using the burn tool (set to 50%) I lightened up the bubbles.

Finally I added the render/lens flare/105mm to the top area of your picture.

Oh, when all was done I cropped the picture a tad.

Hope this helps

Yep...you nailed that one...solace indeed!

Good work, Lisa!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom