Zeagle Brigade vs Oceanic Chute 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpsexton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at getting one of these and when I look at the pros and cons of each I still can't decide. For instance the Chute 3 has trim weight pockets in the back and the Brigade does not. I would think this should solve the face down on the surface problem people talk about with back inflate BCs. The Brigade on the other hand has a clever integrated weight system that should keep you from ever losing you weights acidently.

Anyone used both and care to share your opinions?

Thanks,

John

jpsexton:
I am looking at getting one of these and when I look at the pros and cons of each I still can't decide. For instance the Chute 3 has trim weight pockets in the back and the Brigade does not. I would think this should solve the face down on the surface problem people talk about with back inflate BCs. The Brigade on the other hand has a clever integrated weight system that should keep you from ever losing you weights acidently.

Anyone used both and care to share your opinions?

Thanks,

John

You came to the right place for opinions! :D

I didn't dive a Chute 3 but did look at it before I bought my Brigade. Every Oceanic BC that I looked at seemed HUGE to me. Being a small guy I didn't need it. Also I didn't like the velcro on the weight pouches. Plus I didn't like all the padding that they add, just more crap.

Now on to Zeagle... you can order the Brigade with the trim pouches for $40 according to Larry's web site. I would suggest getting them as well as the yellow weight pouches for the integrated weights ($20 I think).
The main thing that sold me on the Zeagle line was the fact that you can change out everything if needed. This also would come in handy if you gain or loose weight. With the Oceanic, if you rip something badly, gain weight, etc.= $$$$$.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom