Passport service on Boracay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kupu

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I will be heading down to Boracay for a couple of weeks and during this time I will need to take care of my visa extension. I am hoping there is a travel agency on the island that can take care of this for me and save me the hassle of spending a day in Manila at the immigration office. Does anyone know if this service is available on Boracay?

Kupu:
I will be heading down to Boracay for a couple of weeks and during this time I will need to take care of my visa extension. I am hoping there is a travel agency on the island that can take care of this for me and save me the hassle of spending a day in Manila at the immigration office. Does anyone know if this service is available on Boracay?

why dont you take care of your visa extension before heading to boracay? im not sure if these guys can help but there is a travel center in boracay that caters to tourists. maybe they could be of some help to you.

station 2 has a tourist center that includes a travel agency... i'm not 100% sure but since there are so many foreigners on bora i'm pretty certain that they have visa services... might not be cheap but nothing is on that accursed island

the tourist center is about 2 resorts south of villa de oro... about a 3 minute walk south (with the beach to your right) from the boat station...

about 5 resorts south of victory divers (there, that's a reference hahahahaha)

hope this helps...

Jag

up until 1999 you had to go to Kalibo to get it done.

shugar:
station 2 has a tourist center that includes a travel agency... i'm not 100% sure but since there are so many foreigners on bora i'm pretty certain that they have visa services... might not be cheap but nothing is on that accursed island

the tourist center is about 2 resorts south of villa de oro... about a 3 minute walk south (with the beach to your right) from the boat station...

about 5 resorts south of victory divers (there, that's a reference hahahahaha)

hope this helps...

Jag

quite accurate...i do think they can help you at the tourist center. just follow shugar's guide, you won't miss it :D

Long story short, last year I arrived in Manila and before heading to Puerto Gallera I went to the immigration office for my 1st visa extension since I am only given 21 days upon arrival. Preferring to spend my time diving rather than walking in circles around SM mall, I paid the expidite fee of P500 and was told I could pick up my passport the next morning. Well, a typhoon flooded Intramuros, closing the immigration offices for two days. Then came the weekend, and then the next Monday was a public holiday. I'm a fairly laid back fellow and don't expect things to always be on time, but waiting 6 days for something that I was told would take one was a bit aggravating.

So, with my passport good to go for the next 2 months off I went to Puerto Gallera. Once there I quickly discovered that I could have saved alot of time and taxi fare by simply using the passport services of a travel agency there.

Thanks all for the help, looks like I will pass thru Manila and head for Boracay this time around. I have given Boracay a pass previously since I have heard less than glowing reports of the diving there and generally prefer the road less traveled. I have since heard that Yapak is a nice dive site and and my gf would like to check out the island and get certified so now I have a couple of reasons to go see for myself the "accursed island" :D.

hahahahahahaha have fun!

Jag

PS
personally i enjoy bora althogether... but i'm the backwoods type and actually would enjoy it more without a lot of its commercial offerings and amenities hehehehehehe... but accursed is right though, when you get in to the swing of things you'll be cursing having to leave

There is, or at least use to be, an immigration bureau office down past boat station 3. I believe you can apply there, but going to the travel agent will probably work as well, as mentioned above. Who ever you are diving with can no doubt give you guidance.

Cheers,
Drew

nice story. no pun intended.

Kupu:
Long story short, last year I arrived in Manila and before heading to Puerto Gallera I went to the immigration office for my 1st visa extension since I am only given 21 days upon arrival. Preferring to spend my time diving rather than walking in circles around SM mall, I paid the expidite fee of P500 and was told I could pick up my passport the next morning. Well, a typhoon flooded Intramuros, closing the immigration offices for two days. Then came the weekend, and then the next Monday was a public holiday. I'm a fairly laid back fellow and don't expect things to always be on time, but waiting 6 days for something that I was told would take one was a bit aggravating.

So, with my passport good to go for the next 2 months off I went to Puerto Gallera. Once there I quickly discovered that I could have saved alot of time and taxi fare by simply using the passport services of a travel agency there.

Thanks all for the help, looks like I will pass thru Manila and head for Boracay this time around. I have given Boracay a pass previously since I have heard less than glowing reports of the diving there and generally prefer the road less traveled. I have since heard that Yapak is a nice dive site and and my gf would like to check out the island and get certified so now I have a couple of reasons to go see for myself the "accursed island" :D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom