scuba bike!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just have this mental image of some hapless ill-trained tourist taking it over the edge of a coral wall..

<insert implosion scene from The Abyss>

I just can't see how someone wouldn't be crashing into all kinds of things underwater using one of those.

Mike7:
came across this....

clicky

Would be funny seeing one of these!

Mike7:
came across this....

I'm waiting for it to come out in tech-black.

I think they use those in the Bahamas, to show non-certified "divers" what it is like to be underwater... They call them BOBs I think.

Now how are you supposed to manage bouyancy in that!!

(aside: That picture is a terrible Photoshop job!)

heh, yellow is so last year! doh it was posted in 2004. :)

I would think it would be pretty scary inside one of them as well...

That thing just has bad news written all over it. What happens if the air source gets fouled up?

We had a thread here a year or two ago - from a member whose previous employer in the Caribbean was using them on tourist and racking them over coral beds. Caused a lot of heat. Wonder where that thread is...???

One can look at that, and see disaster all over it!

Disaster for the coral, disaster if the air fails.. I'm sure they have built in safeguards (especially for the HUGE price), but I can see the thing breaking down at depth, and then what?

Back
Top Bottom