Key Largo Ops for Locals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

netmage

Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey All,

Moving down to the area in a few weeks and was wondering what dive operators the locals tended to utilize...? I see alot of weekends of me driving down to Key Largo in my future.

Characteristics that comes to mind.....
Non-Cattle Boat (thinking 6-10)
Discount if you provide your own tanks/weights
Multi-Charter Discount Package
Open Minded Captain - obviously if I'm looking to establish a relationship w/ a charter op - this will take time.

Last but not least - doubles/deco friendly. Certainly would not go heavy deco on a scheduled rec charter, but I'm more comfortable in doubles (no tank swap out on second dive), and sometimes I like to lug a bottle of 50% with me as a safety/feel good measure...

I've had experiences w/ the following:
Aquanuts - been awhile - did open water checkouts...
Rainbow Reef - ok
Ocean Divers - Good time for a cattle boat.
Scuba-Do - awesome experiences

Quick search shows Divers City USA fits the bill...

Check with Scott Fowler (Partial Pressure). He only runs a 6-pack, teaches deep/tech/deco stuff, and is just a very good guy to know. Also works with reef preservation, writes articles for a local paper, and does archaelogical stuff with the UNC Wilmington operation. Has at least one bachelors degree, and stays sober while on the water (something not all captains adhere to).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom