Hose from the first stage to BC Device ... Question on Lengths ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ronniemu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a recently certified diver and have a question on the length of the hose that goes from my first stage and connects to my BC device. The hose that came with my equipment is 22 inches. The length of the low pressure inflator hose on my BC is about 20 inches. This allows only 2 inches of hose to go from the top of the low pressure hose to my first stage. This causes my low pressure inflator hose to curl up towards my shoulder and makes finding it difficult. I tried re-possitioning everything to give me more slack in the hose, but nothing seems to work. Does the hose that connects my first stage to my low pressure inflator hose come in different sizes? If so what are some of the standard lengths? What size hose do you have? Is anyone else having similiar problems. Thanks for any help that you could offer!. Ronnie.

I actually had the opposite...my LP hose was too long, and had a big loop above my shoulder, so I replaced it with a custom ordered 19" hose and it works perfectly.
You may just have to figure out which length works best and order one for it.

Ronniemu,
You shouldn't be having this issue with your setup.
Check out Dive Rite Express. They sell L/P B/C inflator hoses in various lengths.

the K

I was having the same exact problem as you. I switched from a 22" to a 26" LP hose and voila problem solved :D . Dive rite express and Tech diving limited sell inflator hoses in various lengths. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom