PADI Instructor Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michaelbirch

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi, I have a friend who is wanting to take his OW course, but due to money being a bit tight, he wants to keep it as cheap as possible. I'm padi AI so I can help out throughout to help keep costs low and i can teach him the confined water training in my pool, and get him his crew pack etc.. but i need a qualified padi instructor for the bits that i'm not allowed to do.
any offers??..

I'll ditto what GDI said... and where in Florida? It's a big state...

Al

I can't imagine an ethical instructor agreeing to such a deal. Any good instructor who cares about his students and his craft will be intimately involved in all aspects of his students' training. Frankly, any instructor who whould agree to such a deal is not one I'd trust to teach anyone I cared about.

Why would an instructor do such a thing? Diving might not be the best hobby for some o money problems...something I know about first hand BTW.

I know of some instructors who, for instance, teach boy scouts for free. Maybe your friend should join the scouts or something.

Still, the least expensive rout for your friend is probably a class at a dive shop. Down there in florida I've seen them advertised for like $99. By contrast, many instructors who teach private classes charge WAY more for a private class.

I have another idea. You could finish your IDC and IE and teach him for free. Of course that would cost you money but that might not bother your friend.

Walter:
I can't imagine an ethical instructor agreeing to such a deal. Any good instructor who cares about his students and his craft will be intimately involved in all aspects of his students' training. Frankly, any instructor who whould agree to such a deal is not one I'd trust to teach anyone I cared about.

then again padi never had a refferal program did they.

Walter:
We are all trained in the same way, i'm only trying to help out a friend, not cut corners, only cost.. The cheapest OW class i've seen is about $400. Of course he can take it from start to finish if he wants, was only trying to give an option to cut down on the money. At the end of the day, he would have to evaluate all my friends skills that i taught him anyway and take the OW test at the end..if he wasn't happy with any of it i would expect him to fail him..

michaelbirch:
Sorry guys, am in the Bradenton, Sarasota area..
Name your price...

You might save money doing it on the East Coast of FL. Most dive shops charge around $225-$250. Some even do the weekend open water class over two weekends.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom