best time to dive in florida ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bokiko

Registered
Reaction score
hi guys ,,

am planning to come to florida next year ,, but i need to know what is the best month to dive in florida and where ?

any chance i can get some dive centers numbres and sites to plane the vecation ?

When there is no wind, waves and rain. Surface air temps are about 78 degrees. This happens about twice a year!

Seriously, Florida is a big place and diving can be experienced almost anywhere in the state. Tell us exactly where you are going in Florida and help will come your way.

Much depends on the type of diving you want to do. If you like cave diving, then head for central florida or north florida. If you like freshwater springs, northern central Florida is where you want to be, near Gainesville. If you like reef diving in very warm water, then head south to Miami, the Keys, Naples, etc. If you want to dive wrecks, then nearly anywhere in FL will do, but the water temperatures will vary.

The coldest winter diving in FL is still warmer than most areas of the country in their summer. There is nothing here you cannot do in a wetsuit, even in winter. It is a lovely place to dive any time of year.

So. Fla. gets a little windy between March and April, and it gets the coldest in January/February. But, as PerroneFord mentioned, the coldest it gets here is warm up north (the coldest ocean dive I've done here was 71F). Vis tends to be good all year round, unless there is a lurking tropical storm or hurricane. As far as time of day to dive, definitely early morning or early evening if you're night diving.

bokiko:
hi guys ,,

am planning to come to florida next year ,, but i need to know what is the best month to dive in florida and where ?

any chance i can get some dive centers numbres and sites to plane the vecation ?
Summer is my favorite time to dive in Key Largo... June, July, and August are all good diving months... warm water and light winds are the norm. Fall is also nice, so long as the hurricanes are not stirring things up! Hotel rates are at their lowest from September thru year-end (holidays and HMS race weekends excluded). Check out our website for some of the more popular site descriptions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom