Using 4103.52 Ike Dual Sync cord as a single

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

indiana*joe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of any issues (or have they done it) with using a 4103.52 Ikelite dual sync cord on a single strobe and just capping off the 2nd line with a waterproof cap? Getting one strobe now and will add another sometime later - why spent the extra $100? Also could rent a 2nd for a special trip.

indiana*joe:
Does anyone know of any issues (or have they done it) with using a 4103.52 Ikelite dual sync cord on a single strobe and just capping off the 2nd line with a waterproof cap? Getting one strobe now and will add another sometime later - why spent the extra $100? Also could rent a 2nd for a special trip.

I capped off my dual sync cord at one time without any problems. I got the caps from eBay for about $60 each. They are the two red and black caps on the top of the pictures, models Ai 100 and MS-50. They work great, the added bonus is that when you add batteries to these "caps" they also make great STROBES!!

Dive Safe

f3nikon:
I capped off my dual sync cord at one time without any problems. I got the caps from eBay for about $60 each. They are the two red and black caps on the top of the pictures, models Ai 100 and MS-50. They work great, the added bonus is that when you add batteries to these "caps" they also make great STROBES!!

Dive Safe

Wow! It literally took me over 5 min to get that! Too much time on land......

When you cap off the second cord, make sure it's not the one with the red band.

Ikelite doesn't recommend doing this, but I've done it several times with no problems. They say their caps are for topside use only, but if the o-ring is in good shape it will work fine.

Karl

Back
Top Bottom