Do you Travel with Your own gear or Not ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrstein

Reaction score
I AM really thinking of bringing all of my gear with me to the pinas to dive ,however its such a pain in the butt to carry all that stuff.

Problem is that I have very big feet Size 16 So fins are usually a problem for me wherever I go to.

I have rented before with No problems mostly everything but Fins never fit right for me.

What would you do and Bring if anything ??????? I will be diving Malapascua and Moalboal for the most part and maybe Sabang Maybe ....

Any inputt would be great .......

I bring everything but weights. I am a packrat though. But I certainly don't want to trust someone else's gear that I don't know whne they got it serviced, and by whom.

I'm visiting the islands by the end of the year and will definitely bring my gear(finally purchasing my gear this Saturday), except the weightbelt and cylinder. It's more convenient for me. I've kinda given up on hiring equipment.

if ever i would bring my own gear i would bring my mask, reg, wetsuit. pretty much anything else you can rent here. if space is that much of an issue then leave the bc and fins behind. you can rent those here.

im taking everything except wet suit and weights. why spend all tah money and not use it..

mrstein:
I AM really thinking of bringing all of my gear with me to the pinas to dive ,however its such a pain in the butt to carry all that stuff.

Problem is that I have very big feet Size 16 So fins are usually a problem for me wherever I go to.

I have rented before with No problems mostly everything but Fins never fit right for me.

What would you do and Bring if anything ??????? I will be diving Malapascua and Moalboal for the most part and maybe Sabang Maybe ....

Any inputt would be great .......
I bring everything but tanks and weights. Computer, reg and mask go in my carry on bag, everything else gets checked. I know my gear, am used to using it, and know how it's cared for and serviced. This is life safety gear, why leave it to chance by renting if you already own your own gear?
Chris

Captain CaveMan:
im taking everything except wet suit and weights. why spend all tah money and not use it..

i own a halcyon eclipse with ss backplate, kinda heavy to travel with

I take everything except tanks... BP, weights, pony bottle all of it. I split it up into the different 4 check-in bags and 2 carry-ons. I drive up and check in the bags curbside with the sky caps when I can.

I must admit, my wife does get tired of seeing me in the same T-shirt for two weeks. :D

EDIT: OPPS! Just noticed that this is the Philippine Paradise Divers forum, so YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom